29 Aug SWAM® C-5100 WAFER CORING AND CONTOURING SYSTEM
Crystal Mark‘s SWAM® C-5100 replaces all grinding operations with one numerical, computer controlled, micro abrasive nozzle positioning system. The micro abrasive blasting resizes the wafers without creating excessive heating. Also, there is minimal effect from shock to the wafer. It is designed for Cutting and Edge Rounding of silicon, silicon carbide, sapphire, Geranium, NaG, GaAs, and other III-V materials as well as for Epi Crown Removal.
The wafer parameters are entered into the system and the wafer is placed on a rotary vacuum chuck surrounded by a nest. With the push of a button, the nest drops down, the chuck and the wafer are transported to the blasting area where the cutting and contouring cycle begins. Once the diameter has been reduced, the edges contoured and optional flats are cut, the finished wafer returns to the point of origin. The system can cut and contour squares and rectangles as well as disks. Perpendicular cuts and other edge profiles can also be accomplished.
Advantages of the Technology:
- Precise work with guaranteed flat and/or notch in equivalent positions. This helps in keeping the alignment of silicon grains.
- Smooth edges that help in preserving the wafers. Sharp edges from other methods can cause wafers to crack.
- No crowning of wafer edges that limits effectiveness of wafer lines.
- Protection from electrostatic discharge preserves the circuits/components built in the silicon of the wafers.
- Achieve dimensional tolerances up to +/- 0.002″.
- Complete automation and control that simplifies the wafer assembly lines.