23 Mar THE WIDEST POSSIBLE WINDOW OF POSSIBILITIES
Crystal Mark’s SWAM® technology enables the widest possible window of possibilities and parameters available in the industry.
What makes this possible:
- Crystal Mark, Inc. SWAM® technology uses a vibratory feed system that allows the equipment to feed a wide variety of abrasives or other materials at any pressure an application requires. This is an advantage for Crystal Mark customers over other micro blasting technologies that rely on differential pressure to deliver the abrasive powder. The SWAM® Blast media induction system provides truly independent and precise control over the volume of abrasive powder introduced into the carrier gas at any pressure.
- The Crystal Mark team combines this feed system with its proven methodology and extensive experience to develop then prove out process in their Job Shop and Abrasive Lab.
- Crystal Mark’s vertical manufacturing capabilities to develop automated systems to achieve customer’s specific application objectives.
THE WIDEST POSSIBLE WINDOW OF PARAMETERS OR POSSIBILITIES AVAILABLE IN THE INDUSTRY:
ONE: Abrasive Particle Size Range: Sub-micron Levels to 500 Microns
With micro abrasive blasting, typical abrasive sizes are 120 grit or finer. Crystal Mark lab technicians use a very well refined methodology to select the optimal abrasive media: density, size and shape, suited to the application and type of substrate.
TWO: Pressure range: <1 psi to 300 psi
Blast Pressure range:
- Standard range available on Crystal Mark products: 5 -125 psi
- For customer specific applications, the team has developed equipment modifications to use blast pressures below 1 psi, or as high as 300 psi.
THREE: Widest range of nozzle sizes with options for custom design
- Crystal Mark can provide nozzles as small as 0.005” round or 0.0065” square, to as large as 0.125” round or 0.150 x 0.020” rectangular for all applications.
- In specific applications that require a linear cut, the team has been able to develop rectangular nozzles. For example, thick film resistors are trimmed in this way.
- When precise control is required on surfaces deep within complex parts, Crystal Mark can manufacture custom side cutting nozzles designed to target the intended area.
- Crystal Mark has designed long nozzles for removing casting investment or deburring inside very small diameter hollow spaces like the veins in jet engines or turbines.
- Crystal Mark is able to manufacture nozzles using tungsten carbide, sapphire, or other exotic composite materials as required for specific applications.
Crystal Mark, Inc.’s vertically oriented manufacturing capabilities and collaborative customer design plan sets it in a unique position world wide for purpose built automated and semi-automated equipment.